I know my last blog post was not too long ago but I wanted to share this weekend with you and I know that if I wait until the end of the week I will probably forget most of it.
- My mailing address is:
Private Bag 5528
- Yesterday was really nice. A few volunteers met up in a nearby city and had lunch and did some grocery shopping. After, Bridget and another volunteer, Hannah, came back to Omungwelume with me and Bret. We boiled sausages in beer and made sandwiches with them, sauerkraut and onions. We also had baked beans and corn. We drank wine and listened to music. It was really nice. After dinner we took a walk in the cemetery which is right outside the school gate. The weather was nice and there were not many bugs out. When it got completely dark, we sat under the stars and were amazed at how many there were and how bright they are.
- This morning, Bridge and I were sitting outside and all of the sudden we heard MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and a cow came running down the street. She was frazzled; we think she was lost. It was really funny. She looked like she needed to be milked too.
- This entire week has been cool with a lot of rain. Our house has been infested with bugs and we finally got some bug powder yesterday which actually worked. There was no rain last night and today it is really hot. We probably should not have been out in the sun this morning because we are all exhausted by the heat. We think Bridget has sun poisoning because she was throwing up earlier. (She is ok. Nothing to worry about). She is going to spend another night here and go back to her village tomorrow.
- Sometimes we feel lost without our cell phone or internet access. Well today, we haven’t had water. I was told that occasionally the village doesn’t have water but I always overlooked how annoying that would be. It is extremely hot; a cold shower would be nice; we can’t wash any dishes, do laundry, clean up or flush the toilet. Hopefully we will get it back tonight so we can shower and clean up before we start the school week.
I am probably going to spend the rest of the day relaxing, reading and lesson planning. School starts at
No comments:
Post a Comment